Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Video Game Industry in 2013



Anyone who follows my posts on Seeking Alpha or on this blog may know by now that I write about the video game sector a lot. I do not own a video game console or play video games, so where does this knowledge and love for video games come from? Well, it might be that at present time I own shares of three video game companies (ATVI, COOL, THQI). Despite a move away from hardware titles to social, mobile, and digital games, consumers are still buying big blockbusters every year. I wrote an article on Seeking Alpha recently ("Investing in the Video Game Sector in 2013") that provided an early look at blockbuster titles that will be coming out next year.

CNBC provided a list of The Ten Most Anticipated Video Games for 2013:

  • Grand Theft Auto V



  • Gears of War: Judgment
  • Bioshock Infinite
  • Destiny
  • Watch Dogs
  • Tomb Raider
  • The Last of Us
  • God of War: Ascension
  • South Park: The Stick of Us
  • Sim City
The list is anticipated video games and not necessarily the biggest selling, see the article above for my take on each company affected.


Recently I wrote about starting a monthly stock newsletter. I am looking at doing a free monthly newsletter that would be paid for with advertisements. If there are not ads, I would most likely have to charge a small fee ($5?) per month or an annual rate ($50?) to subscribers. Video games will be one section of the newsletter and could help investors looking to enter the space and learning about upcoming titles and how video game stocks can have wide swings, where investors can prosper. I am collecting email addresses for the yet to be launched newsletter, there is no fee to be added to the list. If there is a monthly fee, you'll know ahead of time, and besides anyone who sends their email before the launch would receive a discount anyways. Send emails to stockworldpicks@gmail.com.

*Disclosure - I Own Shares of ATVI, THQI, COOL*

No comments:

Post a Comment